Radiance MediSpa is based in Exeter & led by Dr. Ros Debenham. It is a multi-award winning salon & clinic, most recently receiving the prestigious Medical Aesthetic Clinic of the Year in the Professional Beauty Awards 2016, 2017 and 2019.
We first started working with Dr. Ros and the team in 2014, providing SEO services. Since then our role has developed and we now manage SEO, content, media planning/buying & PPC. This case study gives an overview of Radiance MediSpa’s business, the objectives that we developed with the team, the strategy we have implemented & the results achieved in the six months we have been working with them.
Want to learn more via our newsletter?
When we talk about digital marketing, it’s easy to assume that it’s only relevant for those who sell products online and have ecommerce functionality. This is the wrong assumption as this case study for Radiance MediSpa demonstrates.
The Internet has transformed how all businesses are discovered, researched and subsequently valued by prospective customers. This is particularly true of higher value services, where reputation is more important than convenience. Especially when recruiting that all-important new customer.
After 20 years in general practice, Dr Ros Debenham opened the Exeter based Radiance MediSpa in 2013. Radiance MediSpa offers a range of aesthetic treatments; some of which are widely available and highly competitive (e.g. Botox) and some treatments that are exclusively available at Radiance MediSpa, with the closest competitor being in London’s Harley Street.
While aesthetic treatments are core to the business, Radiance MediSpa also offers the complete wellbeing package with a hair salon, fully equipped gym and additional beauty services such as manicures/pedicures, massage and skincare products.
- Ensure Radiance MediSpa is part of the consideration set when a potential new client first starts researching aesthetic treatments online.
- Reach potential clients based elsewhere in the South West who would travel for treatments only licensed in a handful of practices.
- Increase the revenue streams from other services, such as the hair salon
While media channels can drive more awareness of a business, this industry is heavily researched before a consultation is even booked. We therefore needed to look at what information the customer was after and ensure that Radiance MediSpa provided it before implementing an awareness campaign.
- Search: Is the website optimised & visible for all relevant terms to drive traffic from search-centric consumers?
- User Experience: Ensure the site was as tidy as possible in terms of layout & functionality; did it represent & reflect the quality of the business?
- Content: Did the website answer questions and surpass expectations in terms of what the user wanted to know?
- Advertising: Was the current media plan reaching the right audience and making the budget work hard for the business?
- Reports: How we tracked the impact of our work as used this to refine media spend going forward.
The Aesthetics industry is a mixture of highly trained professionals and unlicensed practitioners. Therefore, research to find the best in the industry is crucial and most people do this research through the Internet. We therefore wanted to provide all of the information that is usually searched for and curate it in a way that ensured Radiance MediSpa is portrayed as the professional, highly skilled and knowledgeable clinic that it is.
In order to do this, we needed to work closely with Dr. Ros Debenham and her team because no web developer or digital marketer can be expected to create informative content a high level without a credible source.
Our first step was to ensure each treatment page was the best it could be. We created a template in order to ensure each treatment specific page adhered to a formula of questions based on those which were most asked when in a consultation and searched for online. This was further supplemented (where relevant) with images and videos. The result? Providing a high level of service and information before a customer even steps through the door.
Facebook and Instagram advertising (with the right planning) allowed us to reach 1,000 people with an advert for as low as 0.03p and 0.01p per video view. Getting great results help when you have plenty of video content, which is often easier to make than you think.
- Facebook Business Manager setup
- Pixel installation & audience creation
- Retargeting users who had not called or enquried via Facebook & Instagram.
- New customer awareness adverts
- Ongoing reporting of advert performance
What our clients say about us
The recipe box industry is a very competitive market space. We understood that in order to build exposure and stand out from the crowd we needed expert help. Emily and Ollie are both excellent at their jobs and continually keep us updated on campaigns and strategies so we know the best way to move forward. I would have no hesitation recommending Tribe to anyone else looking to improve their search and social media marketing.
Working with Tribe Digital is always a pleasure. Their dynamic, forward-thinking keeps us ahead of the trends and are always able to advise our team well whilst consistently developing skills within digital marketing. Their reliability & flexibility paired with their expert knowledge and approachable nature makes them a key part of our team at Ladram Bay.
How can we help?
Want to learn more?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and stay up to date with all our blogs and resources.